Unlike many, I still believe we still live in the greatest country in the world. That said, I do believe that we can do better.
We can do better (not in any particular order)
- than continuing to play partisan politics where the inability for both sides to compromise does not benefit the country or its people.
- than believing the outrageous statements of political pundits on both sides who are merely looking for ratings and to increase the amount of disharmony within our country.
- in developing an income tax system that is fair to all.
- than allowing incarcerated felons to receive better healthcare and access to other services at a lower cost than our senior citizens.
- than the “let the buyer beware” philosophy of many businesses.
- in enhancing the creativity of our children.
- in supporting local businesses that support the local economy.
- than using standardized testing and educational targets established by politicians to measure educational progress.
- than eliminating jobs and moving operations overseas to improve the bottom line.
- in listening to others and agreeing to disagree without sarcasm, shouting, or bullying.
- in working together to build a better community and country.
This is just a partial list of what I came up with in a few minutes of random thought.
What would you add to the list?